08 March 2010

Friendship

Last night there was a CES Fireside given by Elder Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy. He talked about mentors and friendship. There are those people who come into our lives for moments, those who remain an active part, and those whom we always feel a part of no matter how often they come in and out of contact with us.

I was very moved by his comments as I have found myself in much reflection on this very subject. Good friends have helped me become who I am. I constantly marvel at the goodness that makes up their lives. Their quiet example has often invited me to search within myself: what is my focus? I can answer Jesus Christ, but I often have to ask how I can bring Him into a much clearer focus.

Many resources are available for this purpose. Romans 15:4 says, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." Hope in what? Jesus Christ. The scriptures are one way for us to learn more about Him, a way to help us see Him better, understand Him better, and in the end know Him completely.

Another source is the examples of parents, mentors, and good friends. I am very blessed by them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment