28 September 2013

All Things Will Work Together for Your Good

I recently got a new job. In fact, I just finished my first week.  Each morning as I exited the freeway, I saw a man standing on the corner in the cold.  He wore a light jacket and held a sign that said, "God bless you and have a good week!" He stood there, waving, holding his sign and smiling.

He is not the typical street corner sign holder.  Every time I saw him and read his sign, I smiled, a great big unreserved smile.

I am grateful for him.  I am glad that he has impacted my life for the better.  God does bless me and if I really look at all the good things that happen each day then I will see that I do have good weeks, great weeks.

 " aFear not to do bgood, my sons, for whatsoever ye csow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow dgood ye shall also reap good for your ereward." Doctrine and Covenants 6:33.

I find that when I do good things, however small, the greatest blessing I have is contentedness.  I find myself to be more joyful.  I am able to recognize the good things that others do, however small.  The good things they do bring gladness to my life, hope when thinking of my children's future, and opportunity to resolve to be a better me.

Don't be afraid to speak the kind thoughts.  Don't fear the kind gesture or good intent, the Lord will make everything alright.

  • Doctrine and Covenants 100:15

    15 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church.
  • Romans 8:28

    28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
  • Doctrine and Covenants 105:40

    40 And make proposals for peace unto those who have smitten you, according to the voice of the Spirit which is in you, and all things shall work together for your good.
  • Doctrine and Covenants 90:24

    24 Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.
  • Doctrine and Covenants 98:3

    3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment